Sorry for the Delay... wonderful changes in store. SEASON 2 COMING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!

3/6/10

Results from Week 1

Boy what a week!
We had over 2,200 votes!! 
Our contestants can't thank you enough for coming out to vote and for all the wonderful comments you made :)
So.... enough with the small talk and onto the winner! The winner of the Accessories theme with 418 votes is
Brooke & Kallie at All Things Thrifty!
[They did the "pillows" project.]

And the runner up with 363 votes is Miss Mustard Seed with her Antique Sign project!

If you missed Week 1 CLICK HERE

And now for the part I've been dreading all week. We have to say goodbye to one of our wonderful contestants :(

Gina, at The Shabby Chic Cottage,  you are amazing and will truly be missed! This lady has an amazing blog and is chock full of creative genius! 
Here she is introducing to us next week's theme, "Catalog Hacks". 
Basically, each contestant had to come up with a project inspired by one of the many catalogs/designers there are out there such as Pottery Barn, Anthropology, Ballards, etc.
Wait til you see Gina's take on this! 
So without further ado, here she is!
I LOVE Pottery Barn hacks. My blog is absolutely full of them. My favorite? Read on and see!
I fell in love with this shade. $59? No, thank you very much.
Translate your favorite phrase (mine is from a love note Mr. SCC wrote me years ago), translate it to French in an online translator and print it off, I used this font at 175 point.
Trim your words and tape them to the inside of a thrifted shade.
Put the shade on a lamp and painted it with a thin, soft bristled brush.
Add in a few post marks with a stamp if you'd like, or you can print an image and paint them on, too.
A $59 lamp shade for about $3. That's why I love PB hacking!

Thank you Gina for that amazing tutorial! 
Make sure you leave a comment for her before she says goodbye :)
And you can still see all of her unique creations on her blog at The Shabby Chic Cottage so hop on over there!

See you tomorrow night for Week 2- Catalog hacks

23 comments:

  1. Gina!! What a great tutorial and the shade is beautiful!! Thank you!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea ... I love how thrifty it is, but how chic it looks. I'm off to check off your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your lampshade. What a great "knock-off". You are very talented. Keep up the good work!
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are honored! AND that lamp shade is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners!

    Gina, so sorry to see you go. :( I am adoring your PB knockoff! Wonderful piece! And that's saying alot coming from a non PB fan. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a beautiful lamp shade knock-off Gina. I love your blog. Sad to see you go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners, Gina we will miss you!

    Gina, beautiful PB lampshade knockoff, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very attractive and for just $3, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful lampshade it is. I loved it when I first seen you make it. So sorry that you weren't one of the remainders of the contest. I hate to see you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this idea of the lamp shade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, that shade is so pretty! I love your creativity to copy this for much less. Great job and I'm sad to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the lampshade Gina, Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gina love the shade and congrats for even entering this contest. All your creations are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness! I love when you get what you want for less! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3/07/2010

    Gina, you are my "flavorite" no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great site...so glad that I stopped by...

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Surprised Gina you were voted out...ahhhhhhh
    but I will now follow you and I just love the lampshades tuts...you are truly an inspiration...
    blessings madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fantastic idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the shade--would never had thought to put it inside to trace it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Damn, wish you werent leaving because this project is a winner for sure - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gina was one of my faves from last week -- so not fair!! Thanks for a great shade and a great blog Gina!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved your over-the-door art, especially the little blue bird. You were my top pick. I'll have to check out your blog so I can continue seeing your fun craftiness.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin