Sorry for the Delay... wonderful changes in store. SEASON 2 COMING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!

4/28/10

Q & A

We missed Miss Mustard Seed's Q & A last week so we'll hear from her today, and FunkyJunk later in the week.
To see the Season Finale scroll down after the post and make sure to cast your vote!



1. What is your favorite room in your house?

My favorite room at the moment is my guest room.  The decor is most "me" and it's the most finished room in my home.  When I'm done with them, I think my kitchen and family room will become my favorite. 

2. Describe your style in 3 words or less.

Eclectic French Country.  It's French Country meets American Farmhouse meets Junk meets whatever catches my fancy.  I just decorate with things that speak to me, are beautiful and practical for my family.


3. What brought you to blog land?

The designer of my website for my business, Mustard Seed Creations, suggested I start writing a blog.  She had no idea what she started!  It has turned into a part of my business as well as a creative outlet and source of inspiration.

4. You are such a talented painter. Where did you acquire such a skill and do you sell your work/skills? Where?

Thank you so much. I still don't think of myself as a real artist, mainly because I've never had any formal training. I grew up in Germany and loved the hand painted furniture and details on the old homes. I wanted to bring that into my house, but couldn't afford to buy painted pieces. So, I learned to do it myself. I did a lot of reading and practicing and eventually developed a confidence in my own style.
My hand painted furniture is sold at Accessories - Fashion, Home and Kids in downtown Gettysburg, PA.  I am so fortunate to work with a great shop owner who allows me to bring anything in to sell, including antiques and vintage pieces.

 5. By day you are a ____________ by night you are a _________________?

This question was really funny for me, because I am everything ALL DAY LONG.  I have two toddler boys (20 months and 3 years old), I'm a youth pastor's wife, I'm a business owner and artist, and I try to squeeze in running and guitar playing when I'm not playing GeoTrax, cooking, cleaning, paying bills, running errands, attending church functions, painting furniture, writing my blog, and on, and on.   I'm a very busy girl.

Thanks again for the opportunity to be involved in this competition.  It was a blast!


Miss Mustard Seed

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for all your accomplishments! You ARE a busy gal!! Your blog is very inspiring and will be even more so now, know a bit more about you.

    Missy-JunkFest

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin